Taxable Limit Bases & Rates
- Social Security wage base $142,800; rate 6.2%
- Medicare wage base unlimited; rate 1.45%
- Additional Medicare tax 0.9% on wages in excess of $200,000
- Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) wage base $7,000; rate 0.6%
- Iowa unemployment tax wage base $32,400
- You should have received a notice of your 2021 rate in early December. If we prepare your payroll taxes, please bring this notice to us.
New Employee Information
Click HERE to download our “New Employee Packet” including W-4 and many forms necessary for employees.
If you only need a federal or Iowa W-4 form, here are the direct links to the most current forms: Federal; Iowa
In 2020 Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate changed significantly. This is due to the federal tax law changes that took place in 2018. There were only very minor adjustments for 2021. Any employee who fills out a new W-4 form and/or employees should be using the new 2020 or 2021 version of the form.